Welcome to the about Democracy Chronicles page! DC is dedicated to the all important effort to establish and strengthen democracy across the globe. Our international team of over 100 independent authors are your gateway into the raging struggle for free and fair elections on every continent with a focus on election reform in the United States. See our Facebook Page and also follow us on Twitter @demchron
This website is committed to the election process as the only viable form of government for the modern world. Democracy should be established in all countries immediately and without exception. Where democracy exists it should be made stronger. We are exactly the type of website that is banned in dictatorships – and we are proud of this fact.
Democracy Chronicles has been run by Founder and Editor-in-Chief Adrian Tawfik since 2011. DC features Adrian’s writing at his Opinion Column but more of his work for the site can be found at his DC profile page. Also, be sure to see his Democracy Meme Graphic image collection by visiting DC’s Flickr page. Take a look at our Political Art section for democracy-themed creations of all kinds including cartoons, poetry, design, graphic art, photography, music, video, drawings, animation, and other original art.
Democracy Chronicles is the product of a network of democracy activists and we are actively looking for creative new contributors to join our team. If you or someone you know is interested in contributing there is no better time than the present. We are expanding and we want to hear from people from all kind of backgrounds and perspectives. From the Left or the Right, in Brooklyn or Bangladesh, we are looking for people who want to get their hands dirty and join the democracy fight. Just contact us today to get started.
latest about democracy chronicles:
Special Democracy Chronicles Thanks to…
- Abdirahman Mohamed Dirye is a Somaliland activist who is based in Ethiopia. He is the Democracy Chronicles Senior Editor for Africa.
- Michael Ossipoff writes for Democracy Chronicles from Miami, Florida. His focus includes election method reform and third party candidates.
- Richard Fobes is the author of “The Creative Problem Solver’s Toolbox: A Complete Course in The Art Of Creating Solutions To Problems Of Any Kind” and inventor of the VoteFair Ranking election method.
- Sanjay Uttam has over 10 years of experience developing cutting edge technology solutions for numerous financial, telecom, and digital media companies. Sanjay was previously Development Manager at Everyday Health, where he was responsible for the creation of software development strategies as well as the management of on and offshore technical teams. Prior to that, he was a .NET Developer and Technology Analyst at TheMarkets.com, Time Warner, and Verizon Wireless. Sanjay holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science from Johnson and Wales University and a Master’s degree in Information Systems from Stevens Institute of Technology.
- Sean Stevens is a graduate student at Rutgers University pursuing a doctoral degree in social psychology who is currently in the process of conducting studies for his dissertation. His research focuses on how social attitudes and beliefs are assessed, how the psychological and societal foundations of morality relate to (and possibly somewhat determine) an individual’s political ideology, and how an individual’s political ideology influences their information-processing and decision making.