Thanks for submitting your play to our “Seven Dictators Playwriting Competition!” As the playwright competition ends, the Forgotten Writers Foundation from Egypt and Democracy Chronicles from New York would like to thank you all for working together on this international project. The submission period officially ended on February 1st and we have already begun to read the submissions. We look forward to announcing the winner soon! Keep an eye out for more information over the next few weeks!
We are more than impressed by the high level of creativity and professionalism shown in the plays we have seen thus far. If you weren’t able to compete in this challenge, don’t worry, there are similar projects and contests in the design phase. Stay tuned to Democracy Chronicles and the Forgotten Writers Foundation for more!
Outline of the Judging Process Underway:
• The winning plays will be chosen on the degree of creativity and the novelty of the idea. Strange and unusual ideas were strongly recommended.
• The depth of the text, characters, places, scene etc.
• The metaphors and similes used.
• The beauty of the writing style and dialogues.
• The ending of the play and how powerful it is.