On March 30, 2015, I announced that I am an independent candidate for President of the United States of America. My primary reasons for making this decision are:
- I love America and I no longer believe our federal government serves the American people.
- I have a very clear platform — Fix Government, Build Peace — and a 7-track plan to put my platform into action.
- I know how to fix the executive branch of our federal government and I believe that will bring new respect and cooperation between the White House and our Congress.
- I am running as an independent candidate because I believe Democrat versus Republican politics has moved beyond gridlock and is now dangerously dysfunctional.
- I am running a grassroots campaign and will not accept money from Political Action Committees because I believe Big Money has corrupted how our government Of the People makes decisions For the People.
- I believe my 7-track plan is the foundation for how we the American people can get back in the driver’s seat of democracy and make sure our government agencies deliver outstanding, cost-effective, 21st century services to all of us.
- I see solutions that only emerge as all of us work together to move our country forward and create a democracy that works for We the People.
The 7-track strategic plan I present on my website has six tracks for fixing government and one track for building peace. Each of the tracks fits with all the others and of course each is more complicated than simply a title and a tag line. The blogs and videos I will post add more detail. I ask you to explore my website, watch the videos, read my blogs and my descriptions of how both problems and solutions are spread across all the tracks and connect with each other.
America is the most energetic, creative, neighbor-helping-neighbor and freedom-loving nation on the planet. Yet our federal government is broken in so many ways that our anger and frustration are boiling over. Now is the time to turn that anger into solutions. I believe the 2016 election can trigger an Age of Peacemaking and a new American Democracy that truly delivers 21st century services to We the People.
So I announce with the launch of my web site my decision to run as an independent candidate for President of the United States. My platform is clear: Fix Government, Build Peace.