The resignations of Rob Porter & David Sorensen are just the latest incidents in what is turning out to be a busy 2018 in Washington D.C.. There never seems to be a dull moment in the Trump White House. One gets the impression that Kellyanne & Company were still basking in a GOP afterglow that followed passing ‘Tax Reform’, & restoring the Right to say “Merry Christmas”. Seemingly out of Left Field, came Michael Wolff’s book, “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House”. Citing sources within Trump’s Campaign Team, the book paints a less than flattering picture of Donald Trump, his family, & his Transitional Team.
Steve Bannon was already on shaky ground with the White House, but his involvement with Wolff’s level of access to staffers, combined with unrefuted comments about The First Family were the final straws that ended Trump’s ‘bro-mance’ with (Sloppy Steve) Bannon. While The Nation discussed McDonald’s cheeseburgers, Starburst fruit chews, & 6:30pm bedtimes, Trump had his first formal physical. His bill of “excellent health” became fodder for Late Night Talk Shows.
Media Elites were still questioning Wolff’s veracity of Style and Content, when it was reported that (not very Presidential) Trump referred to Haiti and African Nations as “Shit Hole Countries”, during a follow up meeting on [Bipartisan] Immigration Reform. Sen. Dick Durbin substantiated the rumor, and Sen. Lindsey Graham said he reprimanded Trump for his language. After initial silence from both The White House & GOP, reports came out that Trump:
- Said “Shit House”, not ‘Shit Hole’
- Was not referring to All 54 African Nations, but TPS Nations (like South Sudan)
- Never mentioned Haiti or El Salvador
- Doesn’t favor European Countries over others. He used Norway as an example of a “Merit Based Country”
By Sunday, both Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark) and Sen. David Perdue (R- Ga) were on the News Shows denying Trump ever made an ’S’ comment. Pastor Mark Burns, Paris Dennard, and MLK Nephew Isaac Newton Farris Jr. have also joined the ranks of ’S’ deniers. The vague recollection of DHS Sec. Kirstjen Neilson, when questioned by Senate Democrats shows how far Republicans are willing to bend for their President.
Trump’s ‘Racist Tendencies’ are once again being questioned. He claims to be the least racist, but his track record over his first year in Office alone, raises eyebrows:
- He accepted praise from David Duke, but said he was unfamiliar with him.
- After professing ‘love’ for Dream Act Children (Dreamers), & implying that something would be done for them, He set a time table to end DACA; creating a wave of uncertainty, along with two [short-term] Government Shut Downs.
- He picks a fight with thin skinned Kim Jong Un, referring to him as “Little Rocket Man”; even as N. Korean Ballistic Missles show the ability to reach Mainland America.
- After a slow response to the alt- right’s ‘Tiki Torch March’ in Charlottesville, Trump sees “violence on all sides…”
- Hurricane Relief for Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands not as comprehensive as Relief efforts in Texas and Florida. Trump tosses paper towels at one stop in P.R.
- Steven Paddock performs a horrible mass shooting at a Las Vegas Country Music Event- killing 58 & injuring hundreds more, but Trump Administration is slow to respond & refuses to call it Domestic Terrorism. However, he is quick to label attacks in Lower Manhattan & Times Square as Terrorist acts committed by “Animals”
- Trump recognizes Jerusalem as Capital of Israel; threatening any Israeli- Palestinian Peace talks. Then he threatens The U.N. General Assembly to follow suit, or else face a budgetary cut.
- At a Huntsville, Alabama Rally, Trump calls NFL Players ‘Sons of Bitches’ for taking a knee to spotlight Police violence against Black Men & Boys. It was later discovered that Trump spoke on the Anniversary of an Event where a Black Man was beaten for not standing for Flag.
Then we were fed the ‘Stormy’ details of Trump’s infidelity, while minions scramble to stall Mueller’s advance into his finances. Trump claims that Nunes’ Memo vindicates him, but in fact, it reveals another thread in the web. Former Campaign Foreign Policy Advisor Carter Page’s involvement may connect the dots between:
- Russian, Ukrainian, Georgian, & Kazakh Oligarchs
- Dutch, Norwegian, & Icelandic Bankers
- Kushner Companies, & construction of Israeli Settlements in the West Bank & Eastern Jerusalem.
Trump SoHo is being called a money laundering operation. Kazakh Oligarchs & Russian Mobsters are involved in the innuendo. According to political watchdog Public Citizen, Donald Trump has not divested from his “Global Business Empire”, as promised. In fact, he continues to profit from foreign & domestic use of his properties.
The dysfunction in The White House looks more & more like a smokescreen hiding major conflicts of interest. Add critically understaffed Departments & a number of hand picked staffers with Temporary Security Clearance status, & the Trump Agenda looks pretty clear.