Although the goal of redistricting is to represent population increase, communities of color are at risk of being overlooked.
TOWARDS BETTER DEMOCRACY EVERYWHERE. FOUNDED 2011.
The Senate is set to consider the John Lewis Voting Rights Act. It would shield voters from racial discrimination at the ballot box.
Defendant parties urged Judge Marie Avery Moses, Democrat-appointed, to dismiss the lawsuit under Colorado’s anti-SLAPP law.
Advocates in support of voting rights and election reform in the Senate have planned a sustained campaign for the upcoming weeks.
A new Senate report lays out how former Donald Trump and a top Justice Department official attempted to sway the 2020 election.
The near-total gridlock in Washington is infuriating voting-rights advocates. However, they see the filibuster as a new opportunity.
Stacey Abrams argues voting infrastructure is being gutted and the utility of a democratically elected government is being questioned.
Majority “of Republicans who are Trump supporters believe the false claims from Trump that the election was stolen”, Rick Hasen.
Under oath, some Trump allies said they did little to verify the false claims of Trump’s victory in the 2020 elections before spreading them.
- Biden DOJ shields ex-Trump officials from testifying about election fraud
- Biden rejects Trump’s request to withhold documents from committee
- 9 times Trump pressured DOJ to overturn election results
- Push to reverse Arizona election reform laws fails to make ballot
- Want a Working Democracy? Try Democratizing Work
- First Thing: Facebook ‘harms children, stokes division, weakens democracy’
- Top DOJ civil rights official urged Senators to restore Voting Rights Act
- There’s a Bipartisan Voting Rights Bill. Yes, Really.
- King says voting rights bill could be brought to Senate floor next week
- Idaho election officials reject fraud claims after hand recounts
Microsoft will close LinkedIn in China later this year over significantly more challenging environment, the company announced Thursday.
Pro-democracy protests have erupted in Eswatini, months after authorities used tear gas to put down a previous round of rallies.
Biden’s ‘summit of democracies’ is to counter China’s aggression. But he must be careful not to invite wannabe dictators to the meeting.
Amid intensifying ideological confrontation with Washington, Xi Jinping has said China has a ‘democratic’ system of government.
In the light of the rapid developments in Artificial Intelligence, an ex-Kremlin mastermind has predicted a future of ‘humanless democracies’.
Faced with harsh criticism, Macron vowed open examination of colonial past. “We must accept and shoulder this obligation,” he stated.
A trial on the assassination of Burkina Faso’s president Thomas Sankara began Monday more than three decades after he was killed.
Czech center-right opposition group Together overtook Prime Minister Andrej Babis’ ANO party in a parliamentary election on Saturday.
Thailand’s protest movement has shifted from anti-monarchy to anti-misrule protests. Journalists face an uphill task covering it.
- Thai Journalists on Challenges of Covering Protest Movement
- Taliban Order Afghan Media to Use Group’s Official Name
- Thwarted Coup Signals Dangerous Times For Sudan’s Transition
- Guinea Coup Was Setback For Democracy In Africa
- Why Authoritarian Regimes Attack Independent Universities
- Opinion: Jair Bolsonaro tests Brazil’s democracy
- If American Elections Were As Boring As Germany’s
- Chinese Ambassador To The United States Explains Democracy
- The Largest Autocracy on Earth
- Zimbabwe to Outlaw Private Voluntary Organizations ‘Dabbling’ in Politics