There have long been numerous restrictions on voting rights in several deep-red and polarized states that increase the cost of voting.
TOWARDS BETTER DEMOCRACY EVERYWHERE. FOUNDED 2011.
The autonomous state legislative theory runs contrary to the 12 Amendment’s anticipated democratizing impact on presidential elections.
Ever since Mama Bear Sarah Palin lost in recent elections in Arizona, MAGA Republicans are screaming against ranked choice voting.
Democrats in New York State claim that this procedure can boost voter turnout. Republicans in the state instead see “dirty tricks.”
As efforts to ban books…grow, so do attacks on libraries. There’s a reason…extremists keep targeting these crucial civic institutions.
Most Americans want max age limits for elected officials, and far more think more young people in office will be positive for US politics.
Americans with disabilities say state efforts to tighten voting laws are making it harder for eligible voters like them to cast their ballots.
Neither rain nor snow will stop the United States Postal Service from delivering mail, but a poorly designed ballot envelope can.
Recent debates on the composition of the apportionment basis have brought up fresh concerns about representation in the process.
- New Website With Accessible Voting Options In Every State
- How To Vote: A Quick And Easy Guide
- How To Fix America’s Confusing Voting System
- Explainer – How America Casts And Counts Its Votes
- How The Midterms Could Weaken U.S. Election Security
- FEC Rejects Complaints About Zuckerberg’s 2020 Election Grants
- US Political Dynasties Are In Decline
- It’s Time For Democrats To Act On A Dark Money Ban In Primaries
- Republican assault on Citizen-Led Ballot Initiatives
- New Congressional Maps Dilute Black Power, Critics Say
Around the world, countries are facing threats posed by would-be autocrats. And the road to restoring democracy is long and hard.
Some Latin American nations are facing major obstacles to democratic reforms particularly in the lead-up to important elections.
Jamaica’s Constitution Reform Committee is tasked with reviewing the 1962 Constitution to facilitate the country’s transition to a republic.
Willima Ruto, the next president of Kenya, comes from a humble background and overcame obstacles to win the country’s top office.
Sweden’s democracy… remain[s] among the highest performing in the world. It nonetheless faces challenges from a rising tide of populism.
Canton Geneva has made history in Switzerland by voting to provide people with severe mental or physical disabilities full political rights.
Internet voting can’t yet be made secure by any technology. There is no way to lessen security risks linked with online, paperless voting.
Brazil holds elections next month. Bolsonaro would likely claim a rigged vote if the race in which he faces leftist Lula da Silva tightens.
Aides said the queen died peacefully at Balmoral Castle, her Scottish Highlands estate. Her son, Charles, became King immediately.
- World Mourns Queen Elizabeth, Britain’s Bastion of Stability
- Sri Lanka Crackdown On Protest Rights Must End
- Who Belongs In The Club Of Democracies?
- Learning from Gorbachev’s Failures
- Liz Truss becomes UK prime minister after meeting Queen at Balmoral
- Chilean Constitution: A Rejection In The Name Of Democracy
- Shed More Light On Money In Swedish Politics
- Governments Embrace Internet Shutdowns As A Form Of Control
- China Vastly Expands Use Of House Arrests Under Xi
- Kenya’s highest court upholds William Ruto’s victory in the presidential election