Democrats in California promised to overhaul the system just hours after Gavin Newsom survived a historic recall election.
TOWARDS BETTER DEMOCRACY EVERYWHERE. FOUNDED 2011.
For the second year in a row, the National Urban League and BET have recognized September 3rd as National Black Voter Day.
After voter registration documents were leaked online, Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer has asked for an investigation.
Learners can now study the history and meaning of the expansion of voting rights to citizens 18 to 20 through a new teaching resource.
Democrats are close to reaching an agreement on a new voting rights law. It may be announced as Senate returns from its August recess.
Ever since he lost the 2020 election Donald Trump has attacked America’s electoral system leading elections officials to fear for its future.
2021 has been a record-shattering year for voting restrictions. It reached fever-pitch when Texas passed its own voting restriction bill.
The sham Maricopa County recount has been chastised, largely Democrats but also some Republicans, for compromising election security.
A legal defense network has been established by a national elections center to provide pro bono lawyers to vote counting workers.
- A Group Of Lawyers Plans To Defend Terrorized Election Workers
- Terrorized U.S. election workers get little help
- Abortion restrictions: Republican-controlled states may copy Texas
- White House says ball is in Congress’s court on voting rights, abortion
- State GOP leaders push new 2020 election reviews as Arizona report looms
- New Texas voting bill deepens growing voting disparities
- Accurate portrayal of US history strengthens democracy
- Texas abortion law becomes a GOP ’24 litmus test
- We’re Suing Texas Over Its New Voter Suppression Law
- Colorado: Clerk in Hiding After County Voting Data Leak
International Democracy Day is celebrated on September 15. Here are the quotes, wishes, and messages from this year’s celebration.
Hong Kong police on Wednesday arrested four leaders of the group that organized the city’s annual Tiananmen Square commemorations.
AUKUS is a new strategic alliance to counter the Chinese threat. France is not happy but will have to learn some hard truths from it.
Macao’s pro-democracy party lost their seats in the assembly after being barred from running for being “disloyal” to the regime.
Taiwanese officials detained a Chinese man Sunday after he entered Taiwan’s territorial seas in a small rubber dinghy in search of “freedom”.
Guinea’s membership in the West African group ECOWAS has been revoked following a military coup that deposed President Alpha Conde.
Two members of the Eswatini’s Parliament remain behind bars, while another is on the run for joining the recent pro-democracy protests.
Tanzanian President Samia Suluhu Hassan has reneged on her promise to back democracy. Her regime suspended a second newspaper Sunday.
In the past 60 years, 2,751 parties have ran for parliamentary and state elections in India. The losers tell us much about India’s democracy.
- What election losers tell us about Indian democracy
- El Salvador adopts bitcoin, young president dismantling democracy
- Medical Parole for South Africa’s Zuma Ahead of Graft Trial
- Apparent Coup in Guinea-Conakry
- Pope inadvertently quotes Putin to chide West’s Afghan war
- Polish PM to EU: Don’t lecture us Poles about democracy
- Australia Traded Away Too Much Liberty
- Afghanistan: Taliban expected to announce new government
- Hongkongers Race To Archive Democracy Movement
- Belarus Closes Journalist Organization, Continuing Crackdown