A hand recount of Maricopa County’s 2020 vote confirmed Biden won. Legitimising a president can, however, not be handed to private persons.
TOWARDS BETTER DEMOCRACY EVERYWHERE. FOUNDED 2011.
Advocates have provided $5.8million to encourage a voting bill compromise in Congress. The new bill will protect the right to vote.
A non-profit created by Biden loyalists is pushing for bilingual resources for Latino and Asian voters who do not speak English fluently.
Republicans continue to investigate the 2020 election 11 months after voting concluded, including in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
The Protecting our Democracy Act introduced by the Democrats in Congress aims to curtail the abuse of power by a sitting US President.
The Arizona recount came to an end today, but sparked similar attempts in other states that are still debating a year old election.
After HR1’s failure, Senate Democrats have proposed the Freedom to Vote Act. It is critical for protecting and strengthening US democracy.
Democrats in California promised to overhaul the system just hours after Gavin Newsom survived a historic recall election.
For the second year in a row, the National Urban League and BET have recognized September 3rd as National Black Voter Day.
- Arizona official seeks probe after voter data posted online
- Teaching the 26th Amendment With The New York Times
- Senate Democrats near agreement on new voting rights legislation
- Election officials fear for the future of American elections
- Texas’s New Law, Climax of a Year For Voting Restrictions
- Democrats, GOP Push Back Against Partisan Election Audits
- Voting think tank launches lawyer network to defend election officials
- A Group Of Lawyers Plans To Defend Terrorized Election Workers
- Terrorized U.S. election workers get little help
- Abortion restrictions: Republican-controlled states may copy Texas
Tunisia’s President Kais Saied has made no clear statements about the country’s future two months after assuming full executive control.
Angela Merkel, Germany’s first female chancellor, will be remembered for her pragmatic leadership and for being a feminist icon.
The trilateral security alliance between Australia, the UK and the US is a test of positive globalism as an international relations paradigm.
President Joe Biden also told the UN that the US will give $11bn a year to developing nations to respond to climate emergency.
A top US diplomat in El Salvador has expressed concerns after the country’s president, Nayib Bukele, said he was the ‘coolest dictator’.
On Sunday Hong Kong formed the election committee ahead of the ‘patriots only’ election rule imposed by Chinese authorities in Beijing.
International Democracy Day is celebrated on September 15. Here are the quotes, wishes, and messages from this year’s celebration.
Hong Kong police on Wednesday arrested four leaders of the group that organized the city’s annual Tiananmen Square commemorations.
AUKUS is a new strategic alliance to counter the Chinese threat. France is not happy but will have to learn some hard truths from it.
- Aukus pact delivers France some hard truths
- Pro-democracy camp loses seats in Macao assembly
- Chinese man enters Taiwan territorial waters to seek freedom
- West African Regional Bloc Suspends Guinea Over Coup
- 2 Eswatini MPs charged with terrorism Over Pro-democracy Protests
- Tanzania Suspends Second Newspaper in Less Than a Month
- What election losers tell us about Indian democracy
- El Salvador adopts bitcoin, young president dismantling democracy
- Medical Parole for South Africa’s Zuma Ahead of Graft Trial
- Apparent Coup in Guinea-Conakry