An Oregon county will be the first in the state to have ranked choice voting in November.
TOWARDS BETTER DEMOCRACY EVERYWHERE. FOUNDED 2011.
Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf said Friday that his agency “fully expects” Russia to attempt to interfere in U.S. elections in 2020, The Hill.
On Thursday, two ranking U.S. Senators introduced the Accessible Voting Act, which would support state and local efforts to improve voter accessibility.
US state voting and registration laws vary and change frequently. Geoff Mulvihill examines some of the common issues playing out.
Advocates argue revoking registration of inactive voters reduces fraud but Martin Luther King Jr.’s daughter, Rev. Bernice King, says its voter suppression.
Los Angeles County is moving full steam ahead with plans to use its new election equipment for the first time in the upcoming presidential primary.
President Trump’s re-election campaign plans to step up its efforts to capitalize on so-called bundlers.
Michael J. Copps examines America’s national regression over 2019 and highlights shared blame between 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and other State institutions.
Common Cause President Karen H. Flynn has issued a statement condemning media restrictions in impeachment trial as blatant attempt to limit transparency.
Trump violated State funding law by holding back Ukraine aid last year, a government watchdog agency concluded Thursday as Senate impeachment trial opens.
- Why they are voting Friday in the presidential contest
- FBI now Watchdog over Breaches to Election Systems
- Bipartisan panel urges nationwide broad remake of voting procedures
- Senate Impeachment Trial of President Trump Set in motion
- Georgia election server showed signs of tampering: Expert
- How Federal Voting Assistance Program encourages airmen 2020 vote
- Voting rights: the Bloomberg plan
- Voting process at risk with nearly three dozen U.S. voting systems online
- Russian Hackers and Trolls Grow Stealthier in 2020
- ‘She’ goes missing from presidential language
The parliament of the Region of Brussels in Belgium amended its internal regulations to allow the formation of ‘deliberative committees’.
There was rage across the African continent last year, says Human Rights Watch in its annual report, with no sign of cooling down in 2020.
Mozambique’s President Filipe Nyusi was sworn in for a second and final term Wednesday after five turbulent years in office amid two armed insurgencies.
A deeply ironic new law now allows South Africa to strip refugees of asylum status if they engage in any political activity related to their home countries.
A former high-ranking judge in Cuba joined an anti-government activist in revealing classified information showing the Cuban regime’s arbitrary detentions.
Accomplish workplace democracy and motivate your employees to be productive while at work.
Taiwan’s voters rebuked China’s rising authoritarianism Saturday by re-electing President Tsai Ing-wen, who vowed to preserve the island’s sovereignty.
Democracy Digest examines perspectives on the impact of, and how to counter violent extremism in fragile States, with focus on Burkina Faso and Iraq.
Can contemporary authoritarians be compared to 20th-century dictators? Not exactly, given incoherent ideology, mass violence and weak personality cult.
Ashley Quarcoo, an international development practitioner, probes Sudan’s trajectory to transition to democracy and possible inhibiting factors.
- Can Sudan’s ‘unlikely transition’ beat the odds?
- Call for Proposals: European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights
- Democratic recession drives worries about US decline in new anti-Americanism
- Taiwan’s upcoming election probably the most consequential for 2020
- Support for civil society is a better way to advance democracy, not regime change
- Why the West is losing the fight for democracy
- Ukraine poised for a strong 2020: Is Zelensky succeeding?
- Setback for autocrats use of sharp power to subvert the West
- How news coverage gets geo-fragmented
- Mnangagwa Tells Angry Hungry Zimbabweans to Eat Vegetables