Elections officials in Florida will recount ballots this week after the state’s marquee contests for the U.S. Senate and governor too close to call.
TOWARDS BETTER DEMOCRACY EVERYWHERE. FOUNDED 2011.
Florida’s election recount is chugging along as more irregularities are uncovered and a judge asked the warring sides to “ramp down the rhetoric.
Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, partnering with the Coalition for Good Governance, secured an important win for voters in Gwinnett County.
North Carolina partisan gerrymandering draws fresh lawsuit from Common Cause, North Carolina Democratic Party and group of individual North Carolina voters.
Election model finds Democrats would need to lead Republicans by a greater than 3 point margin in 2020 to keep majority in the House of Representatives.
Two hundred and eighty-five candidates ran on the party line and twenty were elected. Checkout the preliminary results that have boosted party prospects.
Is the Alt-Right a movement, a theory, a trend, or just an unorganized group of people far outside of what used to be the political mainstream in America?
A federal court in Atlanta on Monday issued an order requiring the state to take a number of steps to protect voters who had to cast provisional ballots.
Mishaps, protests and litigation are overshadowing the vote recount in Florida’s pivotal races for governor and Senate, reviving memories of 2000.
The long racist history of the abuse of felon disenfranchisement in the state of Florida was finally ended by popular referendum.
- VIDEO: In Florida, Amendment 4 Restores More Than A Right To Vote
- Greens Claim GOP Stole Georgia Governor’s Election From Democrats
- Big Spending Campaigns Rewarded With Victory in Midterms
- Green-Rainbow Party Wins Formal Recognition Massachusetts
- Female Veterans Make Record Gains In Congress
- Civil Rights Groups Demand Every Georgian Ballot Be Counted
- What is Hope for Anti-Corruption Legislation in 2018 Congress?
- Is Ranked Choice Voting Working Its Magic in Maine Already?
- Undecided Races Leave Three States On Edge
- Oil Lobby Spent Fortune to Stop Block Washington Carbon Fee
A media rights group expressed indignation over statements made by officials in Tanzania and South Africa justifying the detention of two of its employees.
Russian opposition leader Alexei stopped at border, barred from leaving Russia court for hearing at the European Court for Human Rights in France.
Congo opposition leaders pull support for a joint election candidate in next month’s presidential election, seemingly ending hopes of a united front.
China’s top cyber authority has scrubbed 9,800 social media accounts of independent news providers deemed to have posted sensational.
Italy’s leaders affirm their commitment to a free press as journalists protested against insults from prominent figures in the governing 5-Star Movement.
Ethiopia arrest former head of military-run industrial shortly after authorities announced investigations targeting senior members of the security forces.
The Inter-American Commission on Human Rights has expressed “deep concern” over human rights in Brazil and waiting for Bolsonaro assuming office on Jan. 1.
Taxation is wrongly viewed by many as an unlikely place to encounter big societal questions about democracy, equity or good governance. It is the opposite.
The diamond industry must deliver on its promise that consumers can trust the diamonds they purchase are sourced, traded, and processed responsibly.
Ethiopia’s attorney general said on Monday that a five-month long investigation at huge military-run conglomerate METEC has revealed vast corruption.
- DC Author Benny Tai Standing Trial in Hong Kong Next Monday
- Parliament Approves Tunisian PM’s Cabinet Reshuffle
- Worrying Attack On Kazakhstani Trade Union Leader
- Committee To Protect Journalists Slams Tanzania Treatment Of Journalists
- VIDEO: Reviewing Pakistani PM Imran Khan’s First 100 Days
- VIDEO: Expert Outlines Proper Role for Social Media Content Moderation
- Observers See Increasing Attacks On Human Rights In Tanzania
- Government Confirms Gabon Dictator Seriously Ill In Saudi Arabia
- Russia-Controlled Ukraine Regions Hold Clearly Rigged Vote
- Struggle to Hold Khashoggi Killers to Account Hitting Walls