Wealth inequality affects American democracy. It creates an opportunity for some individuals to use government for private gain.
TOWARDS BETTER DEMOCRACY EVERYWHERE. FOUNDED 2011.
Crony capitalism gone wild has resulted in wealth disparities, a loss of confidence in governments, and environmental degradation.
New York lodged a brief in three ballot access cases brought by minor parties requesting respect of its limitations on third parties.
More than 100 CEOs gathered online this weekend to share their reactions to restrictive voting laws being considered in several states.
The purchase of a metropolitan daily newspaper is one area where billionaires can still be praised as civic-minded saviors.
JetBlue is defending its decision to donate to a PAC to support a congressman who objected to the presidential vote certification.
Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled Friday state Elections Commission cannot purge 69000 voters from rolls due to change of address.
Democracy Docket has released a new tool tracking corporate statements in support of voting rights over the last few weeks.
Following the 2020 census, Democrats are likely to lose control of the House of Representatives due to GOP gerrymandering.
- Abysmally Low Turnout In Suburban Chicago Municipal Elections
- Washington Governor Restores Voting Rights For Parolees
- Save Wisconsin Democracy With This One Weird Trick
- California Bill To Ease Qualifications For Third Parties
- Arizona Legislature Votes To Outlaw Private Election Grants
- Kentucky Governor Signs Bipartisan Early Voting Measure
- Colorado’s Democracy In The Spotlight After Georgia Controversy
- Loopholes Used By Dictators To Funnel Money Into U.S. Politics
- New Laws Could Make Election Officials Legal Targets
- The Long-Term Dangers From Georgia’s Election Law
China’s cyber regulator set up a hotline to monitor online comments that are disparaging of the ruling Communist Party and its history.
Turkey’s ruling party’s recent attempt to circumvent opposition in parliament has put doubt on the country’s democratic path.
Faced with waning popular support, allies of Prime Minister Nikol Pashinian are now working to reform Armenia’s election laws.
Benin’s main opposition parties have been excluded from the ongoing electoral process, the 3rd time major parties are sidelined in elections.
Whether or not the vote takes place, scheduling of legislative elections for May 22 in Palestine is remarkable, a return of Palestinian politics.
Zimbabwe’s Senate has approved contentious constitutional changes that strengthen President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s power grab.
Jordan’s unfolding events have revealed not only a political crisis, but also a deepening crisis of intelligence and journalism.
The Dutch Electoral Council has brought back electronic voting tools to count votes for the March 2021 parliamentary elections.
After granting asylum to Hong Kong activist and former politician Nathan Law, China has accused the UK of harboring a “terrorist suspect.”
- China Blasts UK For Granting Asylum To Hong Kong Activist
- China Takes Aim At Overseas Uighurs And Academics
- Nigerian Governor Threatens Journalists Covering His Corruption
- New Laws Further Stifle Freedom Of Speech In Belarus
- South Africa’s Student Protests Have Thrived For Decades
- Pre-Election Crackdown On Chad’s Political Opposition
- ‘Milk Tea Alliance’ Brews Democracy Online Across Asia
- Prominent Vietnamese Human Rights Defender Arrested
- Leaders Of Russia And China Tighten Their Grips
- Colombian Journalist Convicted After Exposing Corruption