Bexar County Elections Administrator Jacque told commissioners the new machines from the company Election Systems will be in place by November .
TOWARDS BETTER DEMOCRACY EVERYWHERE. FOUNDED 2011.
Chemical lobby giving generously to congress to Stop ban on Chlorpyrifos controversial pesticide linked to brain damage in children.
Disability community is one of the largest groups of voters in the United States. In 2016, 16 million people with disabilities participated in the election.
A new report shows that instead of doling out funds to political allies, members of Congress routinely use leadership PAC funds to pay for expensive meals.
Last-minute insertion into a bill passed with overwhelming support on final day of Florida’s legislative session keep felon voting records confidential.
Voter turnout in Utah vaulted from 45th in the country to 13th in the course of four years, according to the Pew Charitable Trusts.
A new technology that is not understood all that well is nothing new. The same happened with the internet and home computers before that.
The U.S. Supreme Court declined an opportunity to give businesses broader rights to contribute money to political candidates and causes.
Primary elections in Utah could change significantly as state lawmakers consider ways to deal with concerns about winners advancing .
Democrats in the state Senate are taking another step towards making it easier for New Yorkers to vote after passing a series of sweeping voter reforms.
- Nevada’s Majority-Female Legislature Is Making Changes
- Deadline Looms For Albuquerque Ranked Choice Voting Push
- How Democratic Presidential Candidates Qualify for Primary Debates
- Facebook Loophole Makes Political Ads Look Like Regular Content
- Texas Poised to Make Voting ‘Harder, Scarier and More Confusing’
- Possible More Florida Counties Than Now Known Were Hacked In 2016
- Voter Fraud Crusade of Wife of Supreme Court‘s Clarence Thomas
- Happy Birthday to an Important Voting Rights Protection
- Election Assistance Agency Pleads For More Money Ahead Of 2020
- US Women Gained The Vote 100 Years Ago. Here’s How To Celebrate
A key feature of global kleptocracy is they have to move money around because often the places where they earn , make are not where they want to keep it.
Rights activist Ji released from prison in April after serving four and a half years on fabricated charges of “gathering a crowd to disrupt public order” .
Chinese authorities should immediately release Tibetan monks and other peaceful critics arbitrarily imprisoned since 2008 protests across Tibetan plateau.
India’s Election Commission rejected opposition fears of possible tampering of electronic voting machines ahead of the counting of votes Thursday.
Indonesian President Joko says he will not tolerate anyone disturbing the country’s democratic process, after deadly clashes .
Imagine if the government respected the right of all Equatorial Guineans to express themselves freely, instead of harassing, beating, or arresting them.
The Nicaraguan government released 100 prisoners to a form of house arrest Monday, including three human rights activists.
Authorities have blocked access to popular news portal in what critics condemned as the latest blow to freedom of expression in the South Asian nation.
The mayor of Seoul, Park Won-soon, has announced the city will launch blockchain and AI initiatives as part of its smart city implementation plan.
Imagine calling a friend.Instead of hearing a ring tone you hear a police siren, and then a voice intoning, “Be careful in your dealings with this person.”
- China’s New ‘Social Credit System’ Is A Dystopian Nightmare
- South Africa’s Zuma Seeks Dismissal Of Corruption Charges
- India Election Counting To Begin With Modi Poised For Victory
- Documents Offer Rare Look Inside Syrian Government Crackdown
- North Korea Sells Tens Of Thousands Of Its Women Into China Sex Trade
- Sudan Military, Opposition Resume Talks After Street Violence
- Thousands of Czechs Demand Justice Minister Resign
- Latest Deportation, Disappearances Rattle Thai Dissident Diaspora
- Scores of Russian Journalists Pen Open Letter After Colleagues Fired
- Reporters Quit Russia’s Kommersant in Solidarity With Fired Colleagues