Georgia lawmakers are looking into the possibility of allowing some non-violent felony offenders to vote, reviewing “reintegrating persons into society”.
TOWARDS BETTER DEMOCRACY EVERYWHERE. FOUNDED 2011.
The problem is pervasive. The FEC had to issue a memo on the problem, and the Brennan Center’s article begins with an alarming warning: “beware.”
Voters support limiting influence of big donors, politicians have publicly declared support for reducing the influence of money on our political system.
There was a huge people-powered shift, seismic enough to overcome big money’s grip on many issues. Still, there is much unfinished business to be done.
Former state and federal prisoners, including those on parole, would have the right to vote in California, approved by an Assembly committee.
It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election.
The Trump administration has supported plenty of moves to make it harder to vote. But an under-the-radar action President Trump took last year.
President Trump has asserted executive privilege over documents that were subpoenaed by Congress related to adding citizenship question to the 2020 census.
Governor Janet Mills signed a bill into law yesterday making Maine the 16th state to adopt automatic voter registration (AVR).
The presidential-candidate nomination process is increasingly a train wreck. Voters are now asked to sort through 15 -25 candidates.
- The Historical Development of the U.S. Presidential Nominations Process
- Watchdogs Sue for Access to Information On Voting Machines Security
- Why We Make Bad Decisions In Groups and How to Fix It
- Battle Over Georgia Voting Rights Escalates To Federal Court
- New York Senate Approves Automatic Voter Registration Bill
- What Americans Really Think About Foreign Interference In Elections
- Decisive Role Of Black Voters In The 2020 Democratic Primary
- In 2021, Voting Districts Will Be Redrawn Across The Country
- Looking To Increase Voter Registration Of Underrepresented Arizonans
- College Campus Voting Access Threatened By New Florida Election Law
Dozens of people demonstrated in Basra part of wide protests raging for months calling for provision of job opportunities for the unemployed citizens.
Leader of Georgia’s ruling party said Monday that the ex-Soviet nation will hold the next parliamentary election based entirely on a proportionate system.
At the 41st session of the United Nations Human Rights Council starting today, states will discuss whether to keep Eritrea in the spotlight.
Third wave” of autocratization which first gained momentum in mid 1990’s has developed across the world, annual report of the V-Dem Project.
Sudan’s protest movement accepted Ethiopian road map for civilian-led transitional government, after a months-long standoff with country’s military rulers.
Turkey’s opposition victory in Istanbul mayoral election was ratified Monday, with analysts showing the country is capable of a competitive elections.
An unprecedented shutdown of mobile data across swathes of Myanmar’s restive Rakhine blocking villagers from internet where the army is accused of abuses.
Recent events, from Sudan and Algeria to Hong Kong, are the latest indication that political protests have increased in both frequency and size.
More than 70 percent of the country remains in the control of armed groups and a fragile peace accord is being tested by recent killings in the northwest.
GCHR is concerned for the health of imprisoned women human rights defenders in Iran including several who are ill or who have been on hunger strike.
- Tanzania Lawmakers Urged To Revise Proposed Law On Free Speech
- UN Human Rights Chief Urges Venezuela to Free Jailed Dissidents
- Opposition Candidate Wins Istanbul Mayoral Seat
- 6 Mauritanian Presidential Hopefuls Conclude Campaigns
- Combating Kleptocracy in Equatorial Guinea, A Case Study
- In Ukraine, A Pattern Of Impunity For Violence Against Journalists
- Black-Clad Protesters Gather Again in Hong Kong
- Experts: Kremlin Yielded to Protests for Political Self-Preservation
- Mauritanian President Should Free Citizen Jailed for Online Article
- Georgia Police Use Teargas, Rubber Bullets Against Protesters