President Donald Trump warned Russia not to interfere in U.S. elections in talks with Russia’s top diplomat on Tuesday, the White House said.
TOWARDS BETTER DEMOCRACY EVERYWHERE. FOUNDED 2011.
A much-criticized database that checks if voters are registered in multiple states suspended “for the foreseeable future” pending security safeguards.
The case is a legal challenge to the State Department’s recent measure that aims at collecting social identifiers from all U.S Visa applicants.
Analysts predict that new electoral maps in North Carolina will be more Democratic-leaning but could still favor Republicans.
In a recent interview with Cosmopolitan, Senator Amy Klobuchar who is running for President argued that America isn’t doing enough to protect voting rights.
Many in Indian Country, including on Wyoming’s Wind River Reservation, are still faced with barriers to casting their votes.
The DGA and Fair Right are combining efforts to battle perceived attempts to suppress the vote of traditionally “under counted″ voting blocs.
According to Insider, DOJ watchdog said it uncovered text messages between two FBI agents cheerleading for President Trump just after the 2016 poll.
D-Sen for Vermont Patrick Leahy urged Republican-led Senate to move on bill restoring protections in 1965 Voting Rights Act struck by Supreme Court in 2013.
On Friday the House passed Voting Rights Advancement Act (H.R.4) restoring protections in 1965 Voting Rights Act struck by a 2013 Supreme Court decision.
- Common Cause Lauds Passage of Voting Rights Advancement Act, Urges Senate to Follow Suit
- Ranked-Choice Voting Comes into effect in NYC 2021!
- Nevada: Grassroots independent citizen redistricting commission initiative
- Trump appeals Supreme Court to block subpoena for his financial records
- Vast racial and gender disparities on State Supreme Courts around the country
- Perspective addresses just how regulated US Elections Are
- New rules for Erie County Poll Workers Following Misplaced Votes
- America’s 2020 Election Calendar
- Billionaire purchases domain name to protect democracy
- Ohio: Security central preoccupation of Local Boards of Elections
A draft law made public on November 29, 2019 fails to address serious gaps in Russia’s response to domestic violence, Human Rights Watch said today.
Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen’s ruling party denounced China as an “enemy of democracy” following fresh claims of Chinese interference.
A really interesting new article in Human Rights outlines a series of questions and answers on Gambia’s genocide case against Myanmar before the ICJ.
For democracy to succeed reforms addressing social media generated conditions hostile to democracy will have to be designed, experts.
Russia should be held accountable for war crimes in the conflict-struck Middle-East State of Syria, states Sara Kayyali in an article in Human Rights Watch.
Military pressure leading to Bolivia’s Evo Morales’ exit from power highlights what appears to be a growing coup temptation in Latin America.
Sudan’s civilian-led transition under the leadership of H.E. Abdalla Hamdok has dismantled al Bashir’s corrupt junta regime in place since 1989.
Nicolás Maduro has overseen the aggravation of democratic reversal in Venezuela now viewed by an IDEA report as the world’s worst democratic backslider.
How to support Iraq’s protesters while recognizing limits to government’s ability to handle demands? Washington Institute’s Michael Knights asks.
The Atlantic Council’s Africa Center hosts Sudanese Prime Minister Thursday December 5, 2019, to discuss US-Sudan relations and transition in Sudan.
- US-Sudan relations and progress of the caivilian-led transition
- Last independent media voice in Egypt facing escalating pressure
- Fresh hope for Ukraine on Maidan, Holodomor anniversaries?
- Domestic Violence: Russian authorities make outrageous claims
- Youth, an essential part of the global struggle for human rights
- Is there an Arab Spring 2.0 unfolding?
- Iran Security Forces Have Cracked Down Violently on Protests
- More jail time for Myanmar satirical troupe for making jibes about military
- Threats to Czech Freedom, Velvet Revolution dissidents warn
- Upheavals in Latin America: the specter of another lost decade