Even as our national focus has turned towards cyber threats, vulnerabilities in our election systems abound like outdated voting machines.
TOWARDS BETTER DEMOCRACY EVERYWHERE. FOUNDED 2011.
Trump’s Speech this afternoon says the Administration would give up on efforts to add a citizenship question to the census is a victory for the rule of law.
Insides Georgia’s voting system will be cracked open for inspection as part of a lawsuit alleging that the state’s elections are vulnerable to inaccuracies.
As New Yorkers geared up for the holiday weekend last week, state government leaders announced appointments to a new commission.
Democrats in the early presidential contest states of Iowa and Nevada will be able to cast their votes over the telephone instead of showing up.
A new email obtained by The Associated Press says state officials never did issue key subpoena, even though the judge had ordered it.
Listen to the episode on the Democracy Works podcast Daniel Ziblatt has done a lot of interviews since
Election security official warned top state election officials nationwide to safeguard against fraudulent emails targeting state and local election workers.
Like many other formerly incarcerated people, Jovan Jackson could only sit and watch as politicians campaigned on hazardous policies that affected him.
Caltech has released its report, Assuring Election Integrity: A Comprehensive Ecological Framework for Evaluating Elections in Southern California.
- Caltech Releases First-Of-A-Kind Local Election Integrity Report
- Florida Voting Rights Group Raising Money To Pay Felons’ Fees
- Next GOP Voter Suppression Ploy Targets Students
- Quid Pro Quo Corruption Accusations in Case Seeking Super PAC Ban
- Trump Claims Census Question on Citizenship Still Alive
- The Gerrymandering Antidote: the Fair Representation Act
- Governor Signs Bill Abolishing Pennsylvania Straight-Ticket Voting
- Libertarians Take Court Action Against Ohio Elections Commission Makeup
- President Jimmy Carter’s Troublingly Claims On Russian Interference
- Florida Governor Introduces A Poll Tax, Curtailing Popular Will
About 1,000 people protested the city election commission’s decision that will keep several opposition candidates off the ballot in a local election.
INEC says constitutional and legal alterations and amendments alone cannot solve the challenges of the electoral process in the country.
Committee to Protect Journalists callson the Tanzanian government to provide a detailed public account of the fate of freelance journalist Azory Gwanda.
Russian government’s systematic practice imprisoning Crimean residents because of their religious beliefs, ethnicity, civic activity must end immediately.
The Supreme Court today said it would consider the plea seeking urgent hearing of a PIL challenging the Constitutional validity of Article 370.
Recent research from The Lancet says Democratic countries had a higher life expectancy in a sample of residents that were HIV free, compared to autocracies.
Tajikistan faces significant challenges in dealing with the issue of enforced disappearances.“We leave Tajikistan with some hope and serious concerns”.
International IDEA’s analysis is relevant to different types of complex political change that the UN addresses in its daily work.
Swiss Post has suspended e-voting system effectively spelling the end of online trials with the current technology for the October parliamentary elections.
Police in the Democratic Republic of Congo fired live ammunition, killing one person, in dispersing opposition protests on June 30, 2019.
- Reviewing The Situation Of Civil And Political Rights In Tajikistan
- Sudan Military Council, Opposition Reach Power-sharing Agreement
- Inquiry Sought Into Excessive Use Of Force In Hong Kong
- Nigeria’s Wavering Commitment to Freedom of Expression
- How Myanmar’s Internet Shutdown Risked Lives
- Sudanese Dodge Crackdowns Before ‘Million March’ Sunday
- Iran Judiciary Should Release Detained Labor Activists
- Saudi Women’s Rights Defenders Remain In Prison And On Trial
- Swiss E-Voting Suffers Another Setback Amid Expat Concerns
- Should We Draw Lots For Fairer Elections?