It would be a “much less desirable approach” for voting system to feature computers that mark paper ballots for voters based on their selections.
TOWARDS BETTER DEMOCRACY EVERYWHERE. FOUNDED 2011.
After Democrats won governor’s races in Wisconsin and Michigan, GOP-controlled legislatures have tried to limit executive GOP power grabs.
Florida petition to United States Justice Department and the United States Attorney General has garnered over 8,000 signatures.
Pressure is already mounting on Congress to secure the 2020 presidential race from foreign interference just weeks after the midterm elections.
New Yorkers deserve a highly professional state government. In order to attract the best, brightest, and most independent to public service.
A group of former U.S. Senate members from both the Democratic and Republican parties is urging current members to be “guardians of our democracy”.
Attorneys outlined “seismic” results if the ruling stands: Tribe members would be exempt from state taxes and could impose taxes on non-Native business.
Florida officials say thousands of mailed ballots were not counted because they were delivered too late to state election offices.
Candidates for mayor need at least 12,500 signatures from registered voters and it’s a tradition for candidates to challenge their opponents’ petitions.
Investigation into illegally collected and possibly stolen absentee ballots in an undecided congressional race highlights the term ballot harvesting.
- Both Political Parties Use Ballot Harvesting, But What is It?
- Buffalo Billions Scandal Lays Bare NY State’s Corruption
- Demanding Election Integrity in North Carolina’s District 9
- Demos Condemns Multi-State Power Grab by Republican Leaders
- D.C. Council Passes Sweeping Anti-Corruption Reform Legislation
- Billionaires Eyeing White House Visit Early Voting States
- Wisconsin Republicans Strip Democratic Governor’s Power
- 4 Charged With Voter Petition Fraud in East Hampton, NY
- North Carolina Ballot Fraud Investigation Muddies Election
- GOP Campaign Organizers Confirm Hack Amid 2018 Midterms
Myanmar activists stage rally on anniversary of Reuters reporters’ arrest in a landmark free speech case by releasing balloons in a rally at Yangon.
Hungary creates new court system under Government control giving P.M Orban’s government close control over what will become a crucial part of the judiciary.
Ecuador’s congress on Tuesday named a 35-year-old radio broadcaster and economist, Otto Sonne nholzner as the country’s new vice president.
Money is a necessary component of the democratic process, enabling the expression of political support as well as competition in elections.
Nigeria’s opposition candidate absent at the signing of an election agreement stating a commitment to hold peaceful election early next year.
Thai government on Tuesday lifted ban on political activities imposed when it seized power in a coup, action taken in preparation for 2019 polls.
The International Observatory on Participatory Democracy conference was in Barcelona where PB was explored, how it can be used and what its limitations are.
Thailand’s junta should immediately end restrictions on the right to free expression so that credible national elections can be held on February 24, 2019.
Putin on Tuesday defended jailing of 77 year old activist over calls to protest, stressing he wants to prevent events like France’s “yellow vest” revolt.
Thailand to hold parliamentary elections February 24, an announcement which coincided with that of the ruling junta lifting a ban on political campaigning.
- Documentary: Women, Social Media And The Revolution
- Egypt Restricts Yellow Vests Sales to Avoid Copycat Protests
- Thailand Urged Not to Return Cambodian Dissident
- Experts Worried Contentious Congo Vote Could Lead to War
- VIDEO: Understanding Who Turned Out To Vote In 2018
- More Than Half the World’s Population is Using the Internet
- Tibetan Youth Self-Immolates Over China’s Tibet Policies
- NGOs in Joint Letter to Google CEO on Project Dragonfly
- Armenian Reformist Leader Wins by Landslide in Early Elections
- The China Model and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights