A group of former U.S. Senate members from both the Democratic and Republican parties is urging current members to be “guardians of our democracy”.
TOWARDS BETTER DEMOCRACY EVERYWHERE. FOUNDED 2011.
Attorneys outlined “seismic” results if the ruling stands: Tribe members would be exempt from state taxes and could impose taxes on non-Native business.
Florida officials say thousands of mailed ballots were not counted because they were delivered too late to state election offices.
Candidates for mayor need at least 12,500 signatures from registered voters and it’s a tradition for candidates to challenge their opponents’ petitions.
Investigation into illegally collected and possibly stolen absentee ballots in an undecided congressional race highlights the term ballot harvesting.
Charges against Joseph Gerardi speak a culture of corruption in Albany and need for a serious assessment of NY State’s ethics laws. Citizens Union reacted.
Reports provide alarming evidence of an ongoing effort to illegally harvest ballots, buy votes, dispose of ballots, and alter voters’ intended choices.
Republican lawmakers are undermining the will of the people with flagrant measures to curb the authority of incoming elected officials and voters.
Pay-to-play and ethics reform legislation passed by the D.C Council last night will strengthen small-donor public financing of D.C. elections and others.
Billionaires eyeing White House visit early voting states where they all said they would do everything for a successful 2020 Presidential race.
- Billionaires Eyeing White House Visit Early Voting States
- Wisconsin Republicans Strip Democratic Governor’s Power
- 4 Charged With Voter Petition Fraud in East Hampton, NY
- North Carolina Ballot Fraud Investigation Muddies Election
- GOP Campaign Organizers Confirm Hack Amid 2018 Midterms
- Final Vote on Critical D.C. Anti-Corruption Reform
- Coalition Pushes Ranked-Choice Voting in Massachusetts
- VIDEO: How a Supreme Court Nominee Can Affect Elections
- House Democrats Unveil Democracy Reform Agenda
- Defense Secretary Mattis Slams Russia, Alleges 2018 Vote Meddling
Money is a necessary component of the democratic process, enabling the expression of political support as well as competition in elections.
Nigeria’s opposition candidate absent at the signing of an election agreement stating a commitment to hold peaceful election early next year.
Thai government on Tuesday lifted ban on political activities imposed when it seized power in a coup, action taken in preparation for 2019 polls.
The International Observatory on Participatory Democracy conference was in Barcelona where PB was explored, how it can be used and what its limitations are.
Thailand’s junta should immediately end restrictions on the right to free expression so that credible national elections can be held on February 24, 2019.
Putin on Tuesday defended jailing of 77 year old activist over calls to protest, stressing he wants to prevent events like France’s “yellow vest” revolt.
Thailand to hold parliamentary elections February 24, an announcement which coincided with that of the ruling junta lifting a ban on political campaigning.
Social media can drive social change or even spark revolutions. Women around the world use the Internet as a weapon in their struggle for equal rights.
Egypt restricts yellow vests sales to avoid copycat protests during next month’s anniversary of 2011 popular uprising that toppled autocrat Hosni Mubarak.
Thailand should not do Cambodia’s bidding by forcibly returning an outspoken activist who exposed police failures to stop abuses and child sex trafficking.
- Experts Worried Contentious Congo Vote Could Lead to War
- VIDEO: Understanding Who Turned Out To Vote In 2018
- More Than Half the World’s Population is Using the Internet
- Tibetan Youth Self-Immolates Over China’s Tibet Policies
- NGOs in Joint Letter to Google CEO on Project Dragonfly
- Armenian Reformist Leader Wins by Landslide in Early Elections
- The China Model and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- VIDEO: How Disinformation Is Taking Over The World
- VIDEO: Discussion On Relevance Of The United Nations In 21st Century
- Scream of Rage: Desperate Peruvians Vote on Corruption Curbs