Huge win for reform advocates a the Washington Supreme Court unanimously confirmed the constitutionality of Seattle’s innovative public financing program.
TOWARDS BETTER DEMOCRACY EVERYWHERE. FOUNDED 2011.
Starting in 2020 North Carolina voters will have to show identification when voting. Voters approved the amendment in November.
The state was taking a step to keep elections from being hacked in 2020. Its top election official told counties they had to update their systems.
Even as our national focus has turned towards cyber threats, vulnerabilities in our election systems abound like outdated voting machines.
Trump’s Speech this afternoon says the Administration would give up on efforts to add a citizenship question to the census is a victory for the rule of law.
Insides Georgia’s voting system will be cracked open for inspection as part of a lawsuit alleging that the state’s elections are vulnerable to inaccuracies.
As New Yorkers geared up for the holiday weekend last week, state government leaders announced appointments to a new commission.
Democrats in the early presidential contest states of Iowa and Nevada will be able to cast their votes over the telephone instead of showing up.
A new email obtained by The Associated Press says state officials never did issue key subpoena, even though the judge had ordered it.
Listen to the episode on the Democracy Works podcast Daniel Ziblatt has done a lot of interviews since
- Podcast: How Democracies Die Author Daniel Ziblatt on the “Grinding Work” of Democracy
- Election Security Official Highlights Phishing Email Threat
- Major Advance In Voting Rights For Nevada’s Ex-Prisoners
- Caltech Releases First-Of-A-Kind Local Election Integrity Report
- Florida Voting Rights Group Raising Money To Pay Felons’ Fees
- Next GOP Voter Suppression Ploy Targets Students
- Quid Pro Quo Corruption Accusations in Case Seeking Super PAC Ban
- Trump Claims Census Question on Citizenship Still Alive
- The Gerrymandering Antidote: the Fair Representation Act
- Governor Signs Bill Abolishing Pennsylvania Straight-Ticket Voting
The Union Parliament’s Charter Amendment Committee has put forward more than 3,700 recommendations for various changes to provisions of the Constitution.
GCHR says the General Department of Criminal Investigation, and State Security Bureau have arrested number of activists defending Bedoon’s right.
About 1,000 people protested the city election commission’s decision that will keep several opposition candidates off the ballot in a local election.
INEC says constitutional and legal alterations and amendments alone cannot solve the challenges of the electoral process in the country.
Committee to Protect Journalists callson the Tanzanian government to provide a detailed public account of the fate of freelance journalist Azory Gwanda.
Russian government’s systematic practice imprisoning Crimean residents because of their religious beliefs, ethnicity, civic activity must end immediately.
The Supreme Court today said it would consider the plea seeking urgent hearing of a PIL challenging the Constitutional validity of Article 370.
Recent research from The Lancet says Democratic countries had a higher life expectancy in a sample of residents that were HIV free, compared to autocracies.
Tajikistan faces significant challenges in dealing with the issue of enforced disappearances.“We leave Tajikistan with some hope and serious concerns”.
International IDEA’s analysis is relevant to different types of complex political change that the UN addresses in its daily work.
- No E-Vote Option Available For The Swiss Parliamentary Election
- DR Congo Police Continue To Fire On And Beat Protesters
- Reviewing The Situation Of Civil And Political Rights In Tajikistan
- Sudan Military Council, Opposition Reach Power-sharing Agreement
- Inquiry Sought Into Excessive Use Of Force In Hong Kong
- Nigeria’s Wavering Commitment to Freedom of Expression
- How Myanmar’s Internet Shutdown Risked Lives
- Sudanese Dodge Crackdowns Before ‘Million March’ Sunday
- Iran Judiciary Should Release Detained Labor Activists
- Saudi Women’s Rights Defenders Remain In Prison And On Trial