A state trial court in Alaska affirmed the top-four initiative voted by voters in 2020 on July 29. 3AN-20-9532, Kohlhaas v State.
TOWARDS BETTER DEMOCRACY EVERYWHERE. FOUNDED 2011.
Arizona Republicans’ audit of the 2020 election results got off to a shaky start when their ballot-counting contractors breached the rules.
The Moral March for Democracy has arrived at the Texas State Capitol. It began on Wednesday in Georgetown and ended today in Austin.
Outside of violent struggle, a variety of strategies can be used to force a transition from authoritarianism to democratic government.
Toyota was an early adopter of electrified vehicles but has since fallen behind, instead seen to bey lobbying against electric vehicles.
Senate Democrats are prepared to release a revised voting rights bill this week in the hopes of keeping the sweeping legislation alive.
In a new memo, the Justice Department cautioned states that allowing ballots to be mishandled can be illegal under federal law.
Efforts to erode Native American voting rights endure, accelerated with the slew of country-wide GOP legislation to limit voter access.
Citizens can and should participate in the fight to protect voting rights. In this regard, there are several volunteer opportunities.
- The NY Working Families Party’s Disappearing Ballot Line
- ‘We’re f—ed’: Dems fear turnout catastrophe from GOP voting laws
- How To Be A US Democracy Funder
- Voter Suppression Is Lethal To Democracy
- Why America Needs Direct Democracy
- The Case For Optimism About American Democracy
- Merrick Garland, Non-Brawler For Democracy?
- Should Parents’ Votes Count More?
- Trump Clings To Election Lies At Arizona Rally
- Stopping Executive Branch Abuse Of Power
Activists say Abdul Jalil al-Singace suffers from chronic ailments and has been subjected to “continuous medical mistreatment” in jail.
Aung San Suu Kyi, jailed Myanmar leader, is cut off from the youthful activists creating their own path to democracy beyond her shadow.
Chinese authorities are cracking down on institutions, which they believe are breeding grounds for instability, including student unions.
Polls predict that if former President Lula da Silva’s political rights are restored, he will smash Jair Bolsonaro if he runs again for president.
Kais Saied has been sacked by Tunisia’s troubled politicians as an experienced outsider despite a landslide in the 2019 presidential.
Owners of looted shops in Soweto accuse the South African government of neglecting them during this month’s violence and looting.
Belarusians’ fight for independence, according to Svetlana Tikhanovskaya, is a microcosm of authoritarianism vs democracy globally.
The landlocked country once known as Swaziland is cracking down on pro-democracy protesters, sparking a crisis in Southern Africa.
Under China’s draconian security law, a pro-democracy activist was found guilty of terrorism, secession, setting a dangerous new precedent.
- Hong Kong Democracy Protester Found Guilty of Terrorism
- It’s Not Too Late To Save Tunisia’s Shaky Democracy
- Hopes For A Democratic Turn In Tanzania Fading
- US Lobbyist Conducted Campaigns For African Dictators
- Tunisia: Crisis as President Kais Saied Sacks Government
- How Biden Can Bolster India’s Democracy
- Delta Variant Deepens Crisis For Tunisia’s Democracy
- Russia Bars Prominent Communist From Election
- In Myanmar, The Military Declares War On Medics
- Somalia Postpones Long-Delayed Election