US Supreme Court justices sounded skeptical Monday that Trump could categorically exclude people living in the country illegally from the population count.
TOWARDS BETTER DEMOCRACY EVERYWHERE. FOUNDED 2011.
Arizona has certified Joe Biden as the winner of the November 3, 2020 election. Biden won the state’s 11 electoral votes by more than 10,000 votes.
Over 70 percent of Republicans express doubt over the November election results. However, this is likely what they wished were true.
Trump pardoned former adviser Michael Flynn on Wednesday, taking direct aim in the final days of his administration at a Russia investigation.
Trump says he would accept defeat if Biden is confirmed winner of the electoral college. He however, did not make it clear he would attend the inauguration.
Trump attempts to overturn the vote in key states targeted disenfranchisement of black voters, raising civil rights concerns.
Despite fears COVID, cyberattacks, misinformation might jeopardize the November 3 elections, voting was smooth and secure. Why so and what are the lessons?
On instruction from President Trump, the GSA has recognised Joe Biden as “apparent winner” of the 3 November election and is to begin the transition.
Trump has targeted the certification process of the elections which he lost but has lost lawsuit after lawsuit the latest being in Pennsylvania.
In the past, Trump undermined careers of Republicans he didn’t like, now bullying those who oppose his attempt to overturn the election.
- Trump, Allies Take Frantic Steps to Overturn Biden’s Victory
- Trump targets vote certification in late bid to block Biden
- Fact check: What’s true and what’s false about the 2020 election
- Firing Christopher Krebs Crosses a Line—Even for Trump
- Officials, stakeholders: Election was ‘most secure in American history’
- Donald Trump comes close to admitting defeat but stops short
- Postal worker recanted allegations of ballot tampering, officials say
- Trump faces long odds in challenging state vote counts
- These voters traveled thousands of miles to vote in person
- Vote counters say they won’t allow anyone to stop them
French President Emmanuel Macron said Friday that images showing Paris police beating up a Black music producer were shameful for France.
Russia has long asserted dominance over neighbours. The election of pro-Western Maia Sandu as Moldova’s next president shows it is losing this grip.
Digital platforms’ concentrated financial and political control is like a stacked weapon sitting on a table, open indeed to ill-intentioned people.
According to U.S. Democratic Senator Chris Coons, a bipartisan policy must take shape for the United States to “out-compete” China.
“Argentina’s response to Covid-19 has been marred by a violent police response towards people accused of breaking the rules”, report.
Ugandan police arrested opposition leader Robert Kyagulanyi, popularly known as singer Bobi Wine, on Wednesday sparking protests by his supporters.
A new perspective looks at the role of people activism in shaping democracy. It argues that it plays a key role in building democratic resilience.
Jerry John Rawlings, Ghana’s longest serving President died Thursday at 73. He will be remembered as one of Africa’s greatest democrat and pan-africanist.
Foreign ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin said China respects the choice of the American people, even if the Chinese people have no democratic choice.
Ethiopia launched more than 10 air strikes against the restive northern Tigray region in recent days raising worries of challenges to Ethiopia’s stability.
- Ethiopia ‘crumbling before our own eyes’?
- Russia and China silence speaks volumes as leaders congratulate Biden
- Russia refuses to acknowledge Biden’s election win because of Trump’s ‘ongoing legal processes’
- Joseph Biden elected 46th President of the United States of America
- What the U.S. election means for countries around the globe
- Vatican Breaks Silence, Explains Pope’s Civil Union Comments
- Tanzania’s Magufuli Wins Landslide Re-election
- Strengthen checks and balances to renew democracy
- Afghan Police Take Page from Taliban Playbook
- Why doesn’t people power work like it used to?