In the past decade, the largest manufacturer of voting machines in the country, has routinely wined and dined a select group of Georgia lawmakers.
TOWARDS BETTER DEMOCRACY EVERYWHERE. FOUNDED 2011.
A look at Mitch McConnell criticisms of H.R. 1. He was the lead plaintiff against the last major campaign finance reforms that Congress passed.
In “Let’s get off the ranked-choice bandwagon” Paul Schlichtman argues that the growing calls for Massachusetts to adopt ranked choice voting are misguided.
Martin Luther King Jr. who embodied the civil rights movement, was assassinated more than 50 years ago on April 4, 1968. Some key facts about him here.
A Duke University team expects to have a product available for election year that will allow television networks to offer real-time fact checks on screen.
Four Utah County cities are considering whether to participate in an experimental way of conducting elections — with ranked-choice voting.
Sweeping DC anti corruption reform legislation to become law will pave way for more independent enforcement agency with expertise on money in politics.
Local elections officials say it’s a bit overwhelming to consider all the changes that have to take place to implement New York’s new voting laws.
Indigenous peoples stage solidarity march on Washington seeking to bring national attention to injustices endured by Indigenous people across the globe.
A federal judge has chastised election officials in North Carolina who let a Korean woman, Hyo Suk George with a green card vote in three elections.
- Governor Backs Granting NJ Parolee and Felon Voting Rights
- Washington Lawmakers Want To Permanently Eliminate Postage For Voters
- Facebook Shuts Hundreds of Russia-Linked Pages and Accounts
- Why the Census Ruling Was a Victory for Equal Representation
- Rhode Island Tests Vote Audits as Way to Verify Election Results
- Ex Trump Lawyer Cohen Paid Man to Rig Online Polls
- Once National Laggard, Democracy in NY Has Leapt Forward Overnight
- Native American Voting Rights Bill Proposed in Washington State
- City Scrambles to Get New Philadelphia Voting Machines
- Jonathan Nez Sworn in as New Navajo Nation President
Facebook has launched German initiatives to defend election integrity and examine the ethics of artificial intelligence its operations chief said on Sunday.
A new academic paper from University of California, Santa Barbara is quite unique in that the product is a mobile app for political dissidents.
Indonesia’s presidential debate highlights disagreements from corruption, bureaucratic system to combating terrorism, but also, showing lots of similarities.
By all official measures, Felix Tshisekedi has won the presidency of the Democratic Republic of Congo. But would the president elect be able to govern?
China’s strategy to unify with Taiwan including 66 mulinational companies dear to Taiwanese consumers, is expected to raise a new round of anger.
France accused of manipulating the economies of African countries that use the CFA franc, a colonial-era currency backed by the French treasury.
Egypt TV host Mohammed el-Gheiti was found guilty of encouraging immorality over an August 2018 segment in which his guest speaker described his profession.
The Indian government intensified its harassment and at times prosecution of critics in 2018, Human Rights Watch said in its World Report 2019.
Populist parties are on the rise in most European countries. But the citizens that back them also support more direct democracy. Do they deliver it?
Cambodia’s P.M. Hun Sen used crackdown on rights and a bogus election to tighten his grip on power and solidify one-party rule, Human Rights Watch said.
- Political Repression Tightens Since Cambodia’s Sham Election
- Unrelenting Repression Ahead of Election in Thailand
- Sudan Police Clash with Demonstrators in Fresh Protests
- The Need for Nepal’s Democracy to Address Transitional Justice
- Vietnam Intensifies Crackdown on Rights With Systemic Suppression
- Congo Calm After Court Upholds Tshisekedi’s Election Win
- This Year Saw Major Gains for Protection of Human Rights in Malaysia
- Burmese Human Rights Violations Spike Throughout 2018
- Billionaire Mo Ibrahim Calls on Sudan to Stop Protest Crackdown
- Zimbabwe and Congo Now World’s Top Human Rights Concerns