Based in New York City, Democracy Chronicles is a dedicated to the all-important effort to establish and strengthen democracy across the globe. Our international team of independent authors is your gateway into the struggle for free and fair elections on every continent with a special focus on fixing the American election system. See our Facebook Page and also follow us on Instagram.
Founded in 2011, DC was inspired by the Arab Spring and Occupy Wall Street. This website is committed to the election process as the only viable form of government for the modern world. The people must be given power over decisions that impact their lives. This is a universal human need. Democracy must be established in all countries immediately and without exception. In all places where democratic systems of government exist today, democracy must be made stronger and the power of citizens increased dramatically. We are exactly the type of website that is banned in dictatorships – and we are proud of this fact.
Democracy Chronicles has been run by Founder and Editor-in-Chief Adrian Tawfik since 2011. DC features Adrian’s writing in his Opinion Column but more of his work for the site can be found on his DC profile page. Also, be sure to see his Democracy Meme Graphic image collection by visiting DC’s Flickr page. Take a look at our Political Art section for democracy-themed creations of all kinds including cartoons, poetry, design, graphic art, photography, music, video, drawings, animation, and other original art.
Democracy Chronicles is the product of a network of democracy activists and we are actively looking for creative new contributors to join our team. If you or someone you know is interested in contributing there is no better time than the present. We are expanding and we want to hear from people from all kinds of backgrounds and perspectives. From the Left or the Right, in Brooklyn or Bangladesh, we are looking for people who want to get their hands dirty and join the democracy fight. Just get in touch today to get started.
Connect with DC on social media:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/democracychronicles
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/democracychronicles/
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/demchron/
About Democracy Chronicles Friends
- Jack Jones writes for Democracy Chronicles from Chicago’s south suburbs where he grew up.
- Jenna Spinelle an author for Democracy Chronicles who is also the communications specialist for the McCourtney Institute for Democracy at Penn State and host of the podcasts When the People Decide and Democracy Works.
- Livert Ngum is DC’s Senior Editor and writes for Democracy Chronicles from the Republic of Cameroon.
- Ngah Gabriel is Vice President of Democracy Chronicles and works from the Republic of Cameroon and is leading our renewed effort to cover the struggle for democracy on the continent.
- Richard Fobes is the author of “The Creative Problem Solver’s Toolbox: A Complete Course in The Art Of Creating Solutions To Problems Of Any Kind” and inventor of the VoteFair Ranking election method.