According to a really interesting article in The Hill by Kyle Balluck and Rebecca Klar, majority in new poll supports impeachment inquiry; almost half back Trump’s removal from office. The authors outline the details as follows:
• A majority of respondents in a new poll supports the impeachment inquiry into President Trump while almost half back his removal from office.
• The Washington Post-Schar School poll released early Tuesday found that 58 percent say the House was correct to launch the inquiry, compared to 38 percent who disagreed.
• Almost half – 49 percent – said lawmakers in the lower chamber should impeach Trump and call for his removal from office.
• Just 6 percent support the inquiry, but not Trump’s removal from office.
• Pollsters found a partisan divide on the issue, with more than 8 in 10 Democrats endorsing the inquiry and about 7 in 10 Republicans saying they do not support the inquiry.
• Nearly 8 in 10 Democrats favor a vote to recommend that Trump be removed from office, while almost one-fifth of Republicans agreed.
• More than half of independent voters – 57 percent – said they support the impeachment inquiry and 49 percent said the House should vote to remove Trump from office.
Read more about this story here. The authors return briefly to the backdrop of the impeachment inquiry.