Democracy Chronicles is going to film our next big protest by joining Occupy Wall Street and the “World Wide March Against Government Corruption” this Saturday at New York City’s City Hall in downtown Manhattan. We are hoping for a big turnout and hopefully people will be carrying some “Get Money Out of Politics” signs! See you there…
- Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 12:00pm at City Hall Park in Manhattan
- NYC Facebook Discussion Page
- NYC Facebook Event Page
- March Against Government Corruption Worldwide Facebook Page
- Worldwide march website
From the NYC Facebook Event Page: The people take Action!
We all have become all too aware of what is at stake in this battle over government. They have lost billions of dollars in investments due the mortgage loan crisis and the resulting meltdown of the financial system. It is clear that lack of effective regulation of financial institutions was a major contributor to this economic disaster. There are literally thousands of other cases of how cutbacks on government programs have led to increasing problems and suffering for the people of the world. Governments around the world are dominated by elite economic interests, and are going in the opposite direction from what the people want. They are killing our planet with fracking and chemtrails, nuclear reactors melting down. They are quickly taxing away all our rights and freedoms.
Now is the time to stand up to them. Let us do it in unity together all around the world on March 1, 2014. Let us force them to listen to us by our numbers marching and protesting. This is the year for it. We must do it now before all our freedoms are gone and it will be to late. Let us find a common ground within ourselves and our groups and work together to accomplish our goals.
- Tax the rich and corporations
- That the federal government immediately make good on ALL treaties signed with Native Bands and all First Nations and that the Ministry of Aboriginal Affairs be jointly run by government employees and Aboriginals.
- End the wars, bring the troops home, cut military spending
- Protect the social safety net, strengthen Social Security and improved Medicare for all
- End corporate welfare for oil companies and other big business interests
- Transition to a clean energy economy, reverse environmental degradation
- Protect worker rights including collective bargaining, create jobs and raise wages
- Get money out of politics
- Get our rights and freedoms back
From the Facebook page for the worldwide movement:
To raise awareness about the corrupting influence of money and special interests in governance and public policy making; to provide a forum for people, regardless of political affiliation or agenda, to organize and speak out against corruption; and to educate the public about the consequences of corruption.
Learn More + Get Involved @ www.MarchAgainstCorruption.com
The March Against Corruption is an international campaign to raise awareness about the corrupting influence of money and special interests in governance and public policy making; to provide a forum for people to organize and speak out against corruption; and to educate the public about the consequences of corruption. The March Against Corruption is not about right versus left, it’s about right versus wrong.
Add your name in support of the American Anti-Corruption Act:
For A Free People Over Politics Civics Lesson See Here:
As we organize to exercise our right to free expression we must dedicate ourselves to promoting democracy and human dignity alike. The March Against Corruption is an international march that utilizes the tactic of direct action to raise awareness about the corrupting influence of money and special interests in governance and public policy making and we welcome all individuals to participate with respect to our commitment toward nonviolent action.
See our Statement on Nonviolence: